Call for papers
World of Real Estate Journal - 2021, Vol. 4, No. 118
CALL FOR PAPERS
Special Issue Editior
Professor Paul Greenhalgh, Northumbria University
Global Disruption in Commercial Real Estate Markets
Even before the global Covid-19 pandemic, commercial real estate markets around the world were being disrupted by the following drivers:
• Proliferation of ICT and smart mobile technology.
• Global climate change and legal obligations under international accords.
• Technological advances in energy and transit systems.
• Demographic and behavioural changes in consumer markets.
The pace of disruption in real estate markets, driven by trends of increased home working, online shopping and ecommerce, growth in distribution and logistics, has been accelerated by societal behavioural responses to the Covid-19 pandemic and measures introduced by Governments around the world to tackle the spread of the virus. The world of business and commerce has changed and is unlikely to be the same again; many commercial real estate markets have reached a tipping point and must recalibrate to the ‘new normal’.
This special edition of WoREJ seeks contributions from commercial real estate researchers that explore the extent of disruption in retail, office, industrial and leisure market sectors, for example (but not limited to):
- Agility in the service sector and the return to Covid safe office working.
- The future of town and city centres in the face of declining demand from retail and leisure sectors.
- Adaptive reuse of commercial building for more viable future (mixed) uses.
- Polarisation of industrial property markets between manufacturing and fulfilment sectors.
- Management and appraisal of new ‘future proofed’ low energy buildings
The closing date for submissions is: 20th September 2021
Full author guidelines and instructions on how to submit can be found at:
Abstracting and Indexing Information
The journal is indexed on: BazEkon, Index Copernicus International (IC Master Journals List), CEJSH (Central European Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities), EBSCO (Business Source Corporate Plus), Google Scholar, EconPapers-RePEc, ERIH Plus, CEEOL, ProQuest. All articles published in World of Real Estate Journal are tagged with an identification number employing the Digital Object Identifier System (DOI).
We are looking forward to your submission!