Rules for publication
The basic principles of reviewing publications in WORLD OF REAL ESTATE JOURNAL quarterly
1) For the assessment of every publication at least two independent reviewers are appointed from outside the unit;
2) A recommended solution is a model in which the author(s) and the reviewers do not know each other’s identities (so-called “double-blind review process”)
3) A review must have a written form and end with an explicit conclusion as to the release of an article or its rejection;
4) The principles of qualifying or rejecting a publication
• After the reception of the article it is verified;
• Only articles which fulfill formal requirements established by the Editorial Board are sent for a review (articles not exceeding the suggested size with abstracts in both languages; completed and sent “statements” of the authors and properly completed file “Information on the article”;
• The review result is the Reviewer’s opinion (according to the review template) informing about:
o rejection of the article,
o qualification for publication without corrections,
o admission for publication after complementing and correcting it according to the Reviewer’s suggestions,
5) Decisions on the order and the choice of the positively reviewed articles for the consecutive issue of the quarterly are taken by the Editor-in-Chief during a quarterly meeting of the Editorial Board, taking into consideration issues such as:
• Concurrence of the subject of the article with the profile of the journal;
• Reference to the latest and most significant publications;
• References to the classics of the sources related to a given subject;
• Importance, controversiality of the subject, etc.
6) The names of the reviewers of individual publications/issues are not disclosed. Once a year, the journal makes the list of cooperating reviewers public.
The procedure protecting against the phenomenon of ghostwriting
Integrity in science is one of its qualitative foundations. Readers should be certain that authors of publications present the results of their work in a transparent, reliable and honest way, regardless of whether they are its direct authors or they used help of a specialized entity (a natural or legal person).
Opposing examples are “ghostwriting” and “guest authorship”.
• We deal with “ghostwriting” when someone made a significant contribution to the creation of the publication without disclosing their participation as one of the authors or without mentioning their role in the acknowledgements contained in the publication.
• We deal with “guest authorship” (“honorary authorship”) when the participation of the author is scarce or did not take place at all, and in spite of this, he/she is the author/co-author of the publication.
In order to counteract cases of “ghostwriting”, „guest authorship” the editors of World of Real Estate Journal are introducing the following procedures:
1. The Editors require from the authors of publications to disclose the contribution of individual authors towards the creation of the publication (with giving their affiliation and contributions, namely the information who the author of the concept, assumptions, methods, protocol, etc. is), however, the biggest responsibility lies on the author submitting the manuscript.
2. The Editorial Board informs that any disclosed cases of unethical attitudes will be unmasked, including the notification of proper entities (institutions employing the authors, scientific societies, scientific editor associations, etc.).
3. The Editorial Board requires information on the sources of financing the publication, the contribution of scientific and research institutions, associations and other entities (“financial disclosure”).
4. The Editorial Board documents any manifestations of scientific dishonesty, particularly breaking and violating the principles of ethics valid in science.
5. Therefore, all the authors are required to carefully complete the statement prior to sending the proposal of an article for publication (download the statement). We kindly inform that the articles of persons who will not comply with this requirements will be rejected for formal reasons.